Google chrome notifications are very helpful to receive important notifications like email, calendar events etc. If your system is infected with malware you probably receive unwanted notification from an unwanted source, if you try to turn off notification its locked by the malware, and you are seeing “this setting is enforced by your administrator”.
To solve the above problem you need to block the source of the notifications in the chrome settings.
- Open Chrome, click customize button at the top right corner
- Click Settings
- Expand Advanced settings
- Open Content Settings
- Click Notifications
- Copy the suspicious URL that is enforced by the administrator
- In the Block, section click Add button
- Now paste the URL and click Add
- Add all suspicious URLs to the blocking list, this will block unwanted notifications from the source
Type chrome://settings/content/notifications in Chrome address bar to navigate notification settings.